Friday 3 July 2015

The Mackay's Eating tour of Melbourne



Hello Friends,

Firstly I must apologise for my absence. I am in the middle of a family holiday with little time to sit in front of a computer screen in contemplation. Now that doesn’t mean I have not been true to my affirmation commitment, it just means that I haven’t had the time to extract my thoughts from the mess of my mind and set them free in the world. I am, however still present, still pondering and still determined to complete this project and so be more conscious in my life.

My last affirmation was all about maintaining an open heart. It has been pretty easy.  We are currently immersed in what we have christened ‘The Mackay’s eating tour of Melbourne’ – it is an accurate and intensely delicious description! Throw in a little eclectic shopping, hugs with beautiful friends, visiting old haunts from our youth and cuddles with a new born family member and how can one’s heart not be open? My husband and I have been reconnecting to our past during this trip; most of it shared, and it has almost been like watching my life flash before my eyes - only with red wine and street food. Our time here has triggered many questions, desires, yearnings and gratitude. I can’t help but wonder whether all this reminiscing and re-connection is truly a precursor to our rebirth and hence great change. I genuinely hope so!

My husband and I first met when I was 17 and I am now racing toward 50. We have loved each other and hurt each other, shared great highs and terrible tragedy. We share so many common memories and they now span two states. Both of us are born and bred in Melbourne, yet we raised our children in regional Queensland. While we relished the sun and surf and loved our community, we always maintained our connection to and love affair with Melbourne. To date though, we have been happy to stay up North, but this time I am not so sure. The cold weather usually smacks me out of my nostalgia for home, but this time I feel a pull in the heart for my home that is almost like unrequited love. To leave this time just might cause me pain.

My challenge here is to not collapse into my feelings of yearning or to try to ‘fix’ them by forcing physical action. Feeling is just feeling and we should always work in flow with that rather than chase a physical form to ‘cure’ them, which is actually working against them. Just let it come, just let it emerge, this is where my work is. While my ego identifies a return to Melbourne as the answer to my current yearning, the truth is that soul doesn’t chase destinations. The essence of what I desire is within me, if I can embody that, then the physical form it might take is much wider than the ego can presently fathom. Reducing the richness of feeling desire to the acquisition of a physical outcome seriously reduces our options. I have no desire to limit myself; I would sooner be delighted and surprised as new magical doorways and pathways present. 

Physical and heart connection with my ‘your beautiful life’ tribe is always the biggest catalyst for triggering the feelings to return here. The love, the growth, the work we could continue to do together seriously inspires me. So that is the place I will begin – with you all, even though we are separated by two states. My dark night has passed and I cannot thank you enough my beautiful tribe for being there to greet me in the light. When I return home from this feast of Melbourne beauty, it is time to up the intensity in my and Susie’s work. I hope you will join us in the Initiation Temple and be a part of it.

I am not going to add a further affirmation at this time. I am comfortable in the previous open heart focus. That simple allowance had enabled me to really love this trip, its connections and confronts. I basked in the joy and the dark as I allowed all memories to the light and lovingly let them be, just as they are. To be open means that we do not cling, when we cling we close around it in order to hold on. I have just been in it all, my husband has joined me where appropriate and we have anchored more love and new beginnings – whatever form they take.

Love to you all
Sally    

2 comments: