Monday 13 July 2015

When home touches your soul - relationship



Hello Friends,

We have settled back in to our home routine, especially now that our two girls are back at school and I feel a pervading sense of contentment, which is lovely.

Our trip to Melbourne coincided with the completion of my 7 month long trial so it was always going to be significant. While the family connection was wonderful, the freedom of not being tied to hospital routines glorious, the food, friends and vibe of the place stimulating, it still brought greater gifts than I anticipated. It brought gifts of the heart and soul, which I will progressively share over the next few days.

I mentioned in my last blog that I had a sense of my life flashing before my eyes as my husband and I revisited old territory and hence old memories, some beautiful, some, well…not so. Being together as we opened to both the dark and the light pathways that our relationship has traversed has deepened our connection. Together, we immersed ourselves in old energy and genuinely celebrated that we have ‘got through it all’ and still want to hold and love each other. To know someone so well that no amount of ego pretence can hide the truth is such a gift. It was an exquisite moment of soul recognition.

I will admit that before our holiday, some of the past events still held power over me because despite reconciling them mentally and emotionally long ago; memories would occasionally rise to taunt me. In meeting them physically, mentally and emotionally together, clarity began to emerge. It became clear that our true power lay in our connection through the journey and our ability to honour each other, even when we were at our ‘worst’. It is the difference between regarding the relationship as the cause of pain and instead realising that the connection and love that characterises it has been a support to enable us to manifest, transcend and evolve what we each most needed to learn.  I know I couldn’t have got through it with anyone else – I was always so quick to run!

It doesn’t mean that our life together is without triggers or problems; but it does mean that I can be grateful for a love that walks with me and endures despite the inevitable drama and pain of modern life. In the words of Buddha, “Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional”. In giving up my attachment to events and claiming the power of our connection, I believe I have embodied this truth in that moment and freed myself. I felt the past disconnect, even the good which is as it should be. To live in the moment and create life anew requires us to relinquish clinging, even to the good stuff. I feel free to manifest a unique relationship going forward that honours us both. I also feel more connected but less attached. I am so glad and grateful to be sharing my life with someone who also holds this awareness.

It is fantastic to be back blogging my thoughts and I look forward to regaining momentum. In keeping with my sense of freedom and contentment I have a simple affirmation to share today.

I am safe and I am free
Free your mind and the rest will follow.

Namaste
Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment