Friday 12 June 2015

The carnage of the 'ninja'



Hello friends,

Well it’s Saturday in my part of the world and I have a ‘full’ weekend planned, largely comprised of hanging around the house with my family. Our biggest adventure out and about will probably be to the off-leash dog beach for a walk – good stuff.

The new doors to life affirmation it still meandering through my consciousness, and I am simply sitting back witnessing its impact. I continue to enjoy contemplating the notion of doors, opportunities and definitely new life, so it still feels timely for me, though a little heavier to carry than previous days. I’m not sure what that is about, but am hoping this blog clarifies it.

Yesterday, I noticed I was fostering an attachment to outcomes around this blog (“…is this a door?”) and circumstances emerged to gently nudge me loose. It was a good thing. Attachment prevents us from embracing our life as it is, draw us in to energy plays that are not in our highest interest and triggers battles that we can’t ‘win’, because they are our inner ones. While on the surface I recognised my attachment, smiled wryly and let it go, I can’t deny that at a feeling level, I felt a little flat. 

I was waiting for some inspiration to emerge for today’s blog and in the absence of it, had decided maybe I needed to divine a new focus…and yet, I didn’t feel ready to move on. Hmmm, what to do, what to do? Oh I know; the breakfast dishes!

Washing up the ‘Ninja’ I did the unthinkable and threw the blades in to the hot soapy water and … you guessed it, nearly lost my thumb! Ugh, the blood! In fact I think I will be too weak from blood loss to do any more housework- ever! 

Carnage aside, in spiritual circles, as I am sure you are all aware, there is a contention that anything we manifest in the body is the ‘final’ frontier of the soul trying to get through to us, trying to shake our awareness. I have always lived by this and knew instantly that the problem was manifesting in my physical life (right side) and that thumbs usually symbolise inflexibility around direction. Oh really?! I’m doing the work, letting go of attachment, what am I missing? Something clearly because the amount of blood sure got my attention I can tell you!

I believe it all comes back to my mental decision to ‘release’ my attachment at that surface level, which then revealed a feeling of ‘flatness’ -  a feeling I promptly pushed aside. Mental overlay is relatively easy; it is our feelings that show us where we are truly at. Clearly, I need to explore the feeling that I dismissed as merely ‘flat’ and let it take me to a new awareness. Once again I find myself at the collision of thought and feeling and the ongoing journey to try to balance and unify these two planes of awareness. It really is the golden ticket in navigating the journey of soul though our ego life and one that is explored fully in my book Your Beautiful Life.

So while I have let go of attachment to the physical form my new life takes, it seems I harbour a vested desire for deep and meaningful change of some kind. It makes sense. If you refer back to earlier blogs you will see that my first and most immediate fear when I began my recent challenges was that I would endure it, but that nothing would change.

It seems that ‘where my work is’ has birthed. It is a blessing and a curse is it not when the realisation comes in? But today is Saturday and I give myself permission to just ‘be’, even if it is with my thumb bandaged so heavily that I look like I’ve pulled a watermelon not a plumb out of a pie. 

Have a great weekend all.
Namaste Sally



2 comments:

  1. I have been searching for balance for many years- Your beautiful life, and you Sally are enabling this journey. I am grateful and excited as I become this pathway. I feel blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for connecting Michelle. To meet you in the middle of my darkest days was a blessing and one that enabled me to keep the faith that we are always supported, always loved, we just have to recognise and embrace it when it comes in. When the wisdom of YBL truly anchors, there is no going back is there? I look forward to keeping in touch as you venture more and more in to the self. xx

    ReplyDelete