Monday 21 December 2015

Never put anyone out of your heart.



I’ve been absent I know and I apologise. It is partly because of school holidays and the call of pool volleyball, shopping and movies, but mostly because I have just been so busy being, well, happy… (aaand it’s gone). So I’ve returned because now I have something to write about that doesn’t involve my family pool games and my superior serve!

For some time I have been working with purification of my ego, power centre and intent –well really we all have been, whether we know it or not. There’s no magic formula to do this and certainly no right, wrong or moral righteousness that one can cling to. Purification is a process that emerges in grace from a deep heart connection to the unique, intimate journey each individual is on – a journey that appears to be shrouded in confusion and injustice for most of us.  However, our higher self orchestrates this process through the events of our lives and accordingly, we truly need to turn into all our circumstances, rather than away from them. Hence spirituality is nothing more than opening to all aspects of the human journey- as it is. This is the only way we can recognise the opportunities that abound in every now moment, each offering us a doorway to heal our own injustice and confusion. As we seek our higher awareness we begin to realise that it is also seeking us – everywhere, in the here now of life. 

The past year has been challenging for almost everyone I know. For me, it has been a dance between the, at times unbearable intensity of the purification fire and the wonderment of rebirth. I have marvelled at the open hearted awareness I have anchored. I have wavered in the integrity of my responses of course, however have been delighted when I could disconnect from power plays, reach out and connect when my heart guided me to and soften the ego’s protests and judgements with a simple willingness to be vulnerable. I felt that I was beginning to live, for the most part, (traffic not included) a more loving awareness and perhaps had even managed to solidify one or two higher responses patterns. At the same time, my life reflected a calm grace that was a delight to witness and was greatly appreciated.

Through the inevitable triggers and initiations of this period, I remained mindful of a one sentence utterance from the Guru Maharajji - “Never put anyone out of your heart.” While simple to contemplate, in practice this statement is particularly challenging, revealing and humbling. It definitely helped me to stay present and focussed every time I wanted to condemn someone, even when their actions were deplorable and the ego felt justified; but it also created an ongoing experience of groundlessness that I admit I have been struggling with.

There is no doubt that certain people in my life need to be removed and in addition, there are others who will choose to remove themselves from me. Okay I accept that, it’s all part of life as we bump, push and whack each other while we fumble through our purification pathways. The groundlessness for me arose from two considerations:

1.       How do I throw someone toxic out of my life without resorting to throwing them out of my heart like I really want to, and

2.       How do I let go of someone I love who leaves me and avoid the pain of continuing to carry them in my heart? My lower response wants to make them bad so that they take the love with them when they leave.

So these questions have been on my mind and yet they can’t be satisfied there – believe me I’ve tried! They can only be answered with the heart, because that is where the love is. Where I have continued to love people, even while they harm me, my life becomes darker, complicated, harder and fraught with deceit and betrayal. When I have opened to the love I feel for those who have thrown me away, the pain of abandonment was excruciating. So I sat in that groundlessness, looking for an authentic way to experience the truth of Maharajji’s command, without burying or projecting my feelings or condemning others. It was all pretty sticky.

All I could do was surrender and keep looking for the higher self initiations as they entered my normal day to day life, revealing the doorway into my own inner wisdom. Of course, just when I thought I had a handle on things, it all changed and I was reminded, somewhat brutally, that initiation can never, ever be pre-empted. For this reason, I have never been so convinced of the need to know and understand our core belief and the patterns that feed it in order to open in worthiness and awareness to our own unique ascension roadmap. Once again, knowing my core belief and recognising its manifestation in the physical has allowed me to open to my life events – and grow. 

This initiation was physically benign compared to the police stand-off I recently found myself  and in which I was relatively unphased. Ironically however, it triggered a tsunami of feeling and verbal accusation in my response that came from the depths of my inner child and roared its way out for the first time in 50 years! I imagine it was like an exorcism. I was shocked by my outrage, my hurt and my utter disbelief and just as I was about to condemn myself for failing to hold my light amid a toxic situation, spirit gifted me with the following quote:

Only the heart can contain both our perfection and our humanity ~ Jack Kornfield 

Thankfully it changed everything.

To be continued ….
 Namaste Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment