Tuesday 20 October 2015

I am loving awareness (and so are you)



I arrived home a few days ago following a fantastic time working in Melbourne. Susie, (the co-author of Your Beautiful Life) and I facilitated spiritual events ranging from general and soul channeling to intensive workshops and open discussion groups. It was an amazing time characterised by such depth, love, compassion and awe that I am finding it challenging to gracefully ‘drop’ back in to my old ego routine. 

I can't seem to let go of the themes we explored during those events, some of which included justice, rage, beauty, gridding, connection, freedom, honour, groundlessness and more. I know I must avoid cultivating attachment to what has passed or what might still be, however I'm struggling to find the middle ground, that is, the spiritual path. The hooks of what once triggered me are less sharp but the hooks to the guides perspective I witness in the channeling space are exerting pressure. I want to surrender (escape) to that place of spirit where even the darkest energy returns to unity. It is an interesting conundrum to witness in the self, as I trade one attachment for another and consciously try to release them all.

Truly the higher perspective of guided wisdom fans my inner flame so much that I don’t want to let go in case it diminishes. It once again shows me where I think I am not, as I assume that all I experienced was only a reflection of the guides' intelligence and so not part of me. I need to accept that I, even in my imperfection, play a pivotal role in what emerges in the sacred channeling space - as does every person whom I channel for. Each connection is an intimate and unique experience because of the truth of co-creation. The greatest blessing of an open heart is the awareness of soul that it ushers in - there is nothing like it and I can't blame myself for holding on to it so tenderly.

As I now let it all go and return to the mundane, all I can do is sit in the knowing that the grace I have witnessed did indeed filter through my own heart and so will continue to influence my life. I intend to seek loving awareness in the meals I prepare, the washing I do, the resistance in the yoga pose and in the eyes of all I meet. To quote Dogen: “If you can’t find truth where you are, where else do you expect to find it?” Maybe I will ascend as I wash the dishes! 

It has been so long since I ventured back to this blog that I had to read over the last entry just to get my bearings. Meditation was my last focus, which is fortunate, as I headed out to resume my Buddhist teaching on that very subject last night. It was challenging to anchor in single pointed meditation and not slip in to the rich world of the guides. I must continue to persevere though, as I clear my attachment I have an inkling that the irony will be that my channel to the guides will deepen. It is all the motivation I need. 

Last night in class I received my first mantra and I must say I love it. My much loved mala bracelet is now more than a mere trinket as I use it in the traditional way to count the recitation of the mantra. I have to say it is helping me let go of distraction because my mind is busy on all planes of awareness. I need to continually monitor my physical posture, count the mala beads for the recitation, concentrate on the breath, the heart connection to light, the abiding in the heart and then release it all so it definitely keeps the mind from wondering what is for dinner or reaching to speak to guides. I highly recommend it as a practice.

My affirmation for the week is an ongoing intent that I wish to embody. I am focusing on being loving awareness. I see it as a life’s work, where all other lessons and initiations will emerge from. I hope to be able to share my experiences with this intent from now on, rather than work on individual affirmations.
Until next we connect.
Namaste
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment