Wednesday 19 August 2015

The act of loving



Take time to feel the love that surrounds you

When I divined this card I sensed that it was more of an instruction to experience rather than an affirmation to contemplate, so I allocated time every day to go out in to my life, wherever it took me, and opened to feel the love. 

Of course it began in nature; it’s so easy isn’t it? The radiant blue skies, the sunlight on the water, the dappled rays through the trees, all of these things were easy to share a love connection with. Yet, this time it felt deeper. I felt the light of spirit within every form, from the sun glistening on the water, to the lamenting cries of the local black swans; it all prodded my heart to open to the truth of love spanning eons. 

The act of loving in this way felt like a devotion ritual to God/Goddess, in all its expressions, and so soon merged in to a deep sense of oneness. From there an awareness grew of the absolute resilience of love as a force in our lives; a force that has held its urge and presence through perhaps thousands of lifetimes of betrayal. I felt safe ground under my feet for the first time in a long while – but it had nothing to do with my physical circumstance. Instead it emerged from a force rising both within and without simultaneously; as above so below - the swan and the human, as expressions of the One and momentarily aware of it.

I cannot translate the reverie of these moments, for I think that is the work of poets or artists to do so. Suffice to say that I simply feel altered, and it is impacting all areas of my life in a positive manner. Awareness is now coming in that moves my ego lightly but takes me to greater depths spiritually. Funny, the intensity before was always in the ego plane – everything had to shake in order for me to dive inward.

As the natural ebb and flow of life will ensure that this phase is not permanent, I intend to thoroughly enjoy this time of feeling safe, loved and connected. Interestingly, as I was transferring my old affirmation cards from their dusty basket in to a new groovy box, I came across some cards I had made in a spiritual workshop that I undertook years and years ago and had completely forgotten. We had to write “My essence is …” and fill in the blank with both the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ traits of our inner selves; you know the deep dark secrets. I actually burned (see pic) three of the ‘bad’ cards because I can honestly say that I have transcended those patterns. That was a bonus to realise. 

At the bottom of the old basket I also found the first crystal I ever bought, a tumbled stone of black obsidian (see pic). My heart instantly recognised it like an old friend and it took me back to those early days of my spiritual exploration. I used to carry it in my jeans pocket with a clear quartz companion and my friends thought I was kooky. I was so young and so deeply troubled back then and holding that crystal now was like holding my past – a past that I had carried for too long but have finally released. 

I sense that I have completed a very long 25 year cycle in my spiritual growth – and I am pleased to have survived it! I am excited by the next journey and am open to its gifts. In the meantime, I’ll continue to go out and speak to the sunlight on the water, for it has secrets to share.

The new affirmation I divined from my new groovy box of (old) affirmations is:

Your life is coming together now

Wow, how fantastic and apt. I only divine a new affirmation when I’ve finished the blog for the old. I couldn’t script it any better – love it!

Namaste
Sally
 

No comments:

Post a Comment